Advanced Search

200.000 to 10.000.000

we found 0 results
Your search results

How is the Luxury Real Estate Market going?

Posted by WLH on August 29, 2017
| 0

Luxury Real Estate Market in 2017

In the first half of 2017, the average cost of luxury homes in the US went up to $1.65 million, on average, which means a 4.2% increase over the first half of 2016.

The luxury market is considered as the top 5% of homes and properties: the average sale price for the remaining 95% in  the same period was $307,000.

Washington, D.C. is the city which saw the strongest rise, with an impressive 32.6% year-over-year growth.


While interest rates on mortgages are expected to increase, buyers of luxury homes are less dependent on mortgages than purchasers of lower-priced homes, and for those who do borrow, a 0.25% increase is inconsequential.

Second half of 2017

The second half of 2017 could see an increase of sales of Luxury properties all around the world, with a focus on Northern America (New York, Toronto, Miami driving the sales), and on Asia, where more and more luxury properties have been put on the market.

Dubai Skyline

Dubai by night – Credits: Wikipedia

Worldwide overview of the Luxury Real Estate Market

Dubai has seen a big decline in home prices for several years, but still local experts are foreseeing that the city will take advantage of the political uncertainty in the Western countries, since wealthy Arabs are looking to invest in their own countries.

Several experts agree that Americans will be able to increase the overall investments in Real Estate, and in particular in high-end properties, due to the US Economic situation.

That does not mean that wealthy Americans will be the only buyers of 2017-18: several Middle East currencies are linked to the dollar and a lot of persons from those countries are willing to invest their money in real estate.

Check out how the real estate market is going in Paris!

More information about each city will be soon available on our “News”: Stay tuned!


Are you a real estate agent and want to publish your listing? Click here to start immediately, for free!

New Subscription

Compare Listings